Me in a big chair.
I carved redwood signs for 30 years and traveled fairs. I caused a lot of people to do the same thing. It required a lot of artwork. There are now many sign carvers using basically the same system. Over 25 years computer experience. In 1995, I taught Adobe Photoshop computer classes at Yosemite High School. In 1996, I started SierraNet, the first Internet Service Provider in Oakhurst, CA. A few years later, I sold the ISP business to Sierra Telephone. Since the sale, I travel a lot. In 2007, I cofounded Oakhurst Computers, a store in Oakhurst, California. I sold my half of of that business in 2010 and now I run websites selling various things.
I fully restored and refurbished my motorhome and redesigned it to the way I wanted it. See photos above.
559-702-6833 (Leave a message)
I can travel because my income is online. I bookdock on free BLM land or Forest Service Land.
1. I have different views out my windows instead of the same one. In a normal home, these views would run millions of dollars.
2. I discovered that adventure and experience makes me happier than just acquiring more stuff.
3. I can stop anytime and fix lunch in my own kitchen.
4. No mortgage, property taxes or rent. My motorhome is paid for.
5. No electric bills with solar panels (1860 watts of solar panels on the roof, six 100ah lithium batteries, 3,000 watt 120 volt AC inverter.)
6. The RV lifestyle promotes getting outside to discover more places and get more exercise.
7. It takes five minutes to clean the entire house, seven if I vacuum.
8. I’m never without my favorite chair or my restroom!
9. When I want to move, I just hit the gas pedal.
10. The smell of a campfire and looking at the sunset at the same time happens a lot.
11. Downsizing was fun!
12. I eat healthier since I’m stocking food instead of eating out.
13. I’m never homesick, home is where you park it!
14. I never pay camping fees I live on free BLM land.
15. If it is too hot or cold, I drive to a better climate.
16. Danger in the area? Fire or smoke? I drive away!
17. It allows me to see more of family and friends and experience the world.
18. Yet I can also enjoy peace and quiet out in the middle of "nowhere" to get work done or watch a movie!
If I can get out and travel around and see what our great country has to offer, why wouldn't I? It has restored my faith in people. I have met some really nice people and friends from my past.
STAYING IN A HOUSE WITH NO WHEELS IS THE REAL "DISCONNECT"!
“Going into the wood is going home.” – John Muir
I hope to meet some of you.
My solar set up.